purity: 99.0% min.
color: white crystal powder
Metaldehyde is so popular molluscicide which is widely used.
Metaldehyde is a white or colorless crystalline solid with a mild characteristic odor and a powdery appearance. Water Solubility: 260 mg/L @ 30 C. Solubility in Other Solvents: i.s. in acetic acid; s. in hot carbon disulfide; s. in ethyl alcohol; v.s. in benzene and chloroform; s.s. in ethanol and diethyl ether. Melting Point: Sublimes at approx. 112 C. Vapor Pressure: Negligible at room temperature. Adsorption Coefficient: 240.
Metaldehyde is slightly to moderately toxic by ingestion, with reported oral LD50 values of 227 to 690 mg/kg in rats. Via the dermal route, it is also moderately toxic. The dermal LD50 for this molluscicide in rats is from 2275 mg/kg to greater than 5000 mg/kg. Metaldehyde is moderately toxic by inhalation; the 4-hour inhalation LC50 in rats is 0.2 mg/L, and the 2-hour inhalation LC50 in mice is 0.35 mg/L. Irritation of the skin, eye, and mucous membranes of the upper airways and gastrointestinal tract may result from contact with metaldehyde.
Metaldehyde is a molluscicide used in a variety of vegetable and ornamental crops in the field or greenhouse, on fruit trees, small-fruit plants, or in avocado or citrus orchards, berry plants, and banana plants. It is used to attract and kill slugs and snails. It is applied in the form of granules, sprays, and dusts, or pelleted or grain bait, typically to the ground around the plants or crops. It works primarily in the stomach by producing toxic effects after it is ingested by the pest.
|Formulation Type:||6%G, 5%G|