Biological fertilizer as a nitrogen fixation supplement for Eucalyptus trees
Biological nitrogen fixation supplement for Eucalyptus trees
SUKAAgri-F3008/Eu is a microbial-based product containing a concentrated blend of non-pathogenic beneficial microorganisms that is directly added to the seedling stage or added during the growth of Eucalyptus trees. Application of the product into the soil enhances the availability of nutrients for the plant by their biological activity, help build up the indigenous micro-flora and improve the soil qualities in general.
Free-living and symbiotic organisms in the product can form a mutually beneficial relationship with the plant to utilize atmospheric nitrogen, produce plant growth promoting substances that stimulate branching of the root and increases the absorption surface of the root, as well as protect the plant from pathogenic soil organisms.
Well established beneficial fungi from the product can compensate for poor root growth by taking up nutrients particularly Phosphorus (P), after which the fungi in the roots transfer the nutrient to the plant, which in turn enhances plant growth.
The product contains beneficial fungi that form structures inside or outside the root. These are specific fungi that match with a number of favorable parameters of the host plant on which it grows. This fungi grows on the roots of the host plant and forms a symbiotic relationship with the plant. In fact, seedlings that have these fungi growing on their roots survive better after transplantation and grow faster. The fungal symbiont gets shelter and food from the plant which, in turn, acquires an array of benefits such as better uptake of phosphorus, salinity and drought tolerance, maintenance of water balance, and overall increase in plant growth and development.
Plants having symbiotic relationship with beneficial microorganisms show higher tolerance to high soil temperatures, various soil- and root-borne pathogens, and heavy metal toxicity. There are specific fungi for vegetables, fodder crops, flowers, trees, etc.
Free-living, nitrogen-fixing bacteria that are known to produce several plant growth promoting substances are also contained in the product. In addition to nitrogen fixation by these bacteria, they are also known to protect plants against pathogenic microorganisms either by discouraging their growth or by destroying them. These inoculants need more attention in view of their triple action of nitrogen fixation, bio-control, and production of plant growth regulators.
1. cost effective
2. can act as a supplement to chemical fertilizers
3. Beneficial fungi association can provide the following benefits:
4. tolerance to drought, increased soil temperature , soil toxins and extreme pH levels
5. protection against root pathogens
6. Fixation of atmospheric nitrogen in a symbiotic association with the host plant
7. Production of several plant growth promoting substances (ex. auxins, gibberellins)
8. Protect plants against pathogenic microorganisms either by discouraging their growth or by destroying them
9. eco-friendly (Made from organic wastes, bio-degradable and does not contain chemicals harmful to nature)
10. reduces the costs towards the use of chemical fertilizers, especially regarding nitrogen and phosphorus
11. increase crop yield
12. replace chemical nitrogen and phosphorus
13. stimulate plant growth through increased root formation
14. activate the soil biologically by stimulating nitrogen fixation and symbiotic plant-microorganism interaction
15. restore natural soil fertility through the production of organic material
16. production of organic material improves soil structure, texture, and aeration and increases the soil's water-holding capacity
17. provide protection against drought and some soil borne diseases through natural anti-microbial and anti-plant pathogen activity of beneficial microorganisms
1. nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus will be produced naturally by the microorganisms, so few soil amendments will need to be added
2. can be used as fertiliser on farmland or in the garden
1. SUKAAgri-F3008/Eu contains a concentrated blend of non-pathogenic beneficial microorganisms that can form a symbiotic relationship with the plant.
2. This symbiotic relationship between the plant and the fungi enhances plant growth as well as provide the fungi with nutrients for growth.
3. Well established growth of microorganisms from the product can compensate for poor root growth by taking up nutrients from the soil particularly phosphorus (P) in the form of phosphates (PO4-) and potassium (K) and transferring the nutrient to the plant. The plant in turn provides the fungi with sugars and other growth factors.
1. Free-living organisms in the product can form a mutually beneficial relationship with the plant to fix nitrogen, produce plant growth promoting substances and protect the plant from pathogenic soil organisms.
2. Microorganisms in the product help dissolve complex materials in the soil to make needed elements (ex. P and K) available to plants.
Microbial Count: 3 X 100,000,000 CFU/gram
Powder: Dark brown, free flowing powder
Tablet: Dark colored tablet
Odor: Slight fermentation odor
pH: 6.5 - 8.0
The product may be applied to the seedling and young trees directly in tablet or powder form.
1. Spread powder product evenly around the root level of seedling or young trees during transplantation.
2. During transplantation of seedlings to new plant bags, place 5 tablets or 5 grams near the bottom of the seedling bag.
a) For seedlings grown in pots or containers, the containers are half filled with soil or potting medium.
b) SUKAAgri-F3008/Eu (5 grams) are placed in the center.
c) The container is filled again with the soil or potting medium.
d) The seedlings can now be transplanted.
1. SUKAAgri-F3008/Eu is packaged in 1 L/plastic container, 25 L/plastic drum, 1000 L/plastic drum for the liquid form while the solid preparation is packed as 1 kg/plastic package or 20 kg per box or film lined woven bag.
2. Alternative packaging is available upon request for smaller or larger volumes.