Cenosphere fly ash is one of the best filling materials for paint, printing ink, carbon, fiber, GRP, leatheroid, rubber plastic
cenosphere is one of the best filling materials for paint, printing ink, carbon, fiber, GRP, leatheroid, rubber, plastic, petroleum field(anchoring, pipeline, anticorrosion and warm keeping),and so on.
Cenospheres are light are light gray or off-white, light, inert and nonmetallic hollow ceramic spheres in the range from 10um to 850um.With N2 or CO2 inside and over 95% spheres, the material has excellent fluidity as well as sound electric and heat insulation.
Physical Properties of Cenosphere
Ratio of Sphere
Melting Point( C)
Lost in Ignition
Specific Surface Area(m cm3)
Oil Absorption g(oil)/g
Characteristics of Cenosphere
1. IMPROVED RHEOLOGY: Cenospheres are nonmetallic hollow ceramic spheres in the range from 10um to 850um. With the spherical shape of cenospheres, rheology will improve greatly for most applications.
2. LOW DENSITY: When density, counts, cenospheres can be the answer with a density ranging from 0.50g/cm3 to 0.80g/cm3. Compared to most ground minerals and other resins, cenospheres are 30-85% lighter.
3. LOW RESIN DEMAND/HIGH LOADING POTENTIAL: Spheres have the lowest surface area to volume achievable. With their spherical shape, cenospheres produce far less viscosity.
4. HIGH COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH: cenospheres can greatly improve the weariness properties of the end products.
5. LOW SHRINKAGE: cenospheres are one of the few products in the filler industry today that can meet the requirements for low shrinkage.
6.LOWTHERMAL,ELECTRICAL,AND SOUNDCONDUCTIVITY: cenospheres are extremely resistant to heat and typically have a melting point in excess of 1300C. As cenospheres are hollow they have a relatively low coefficient of thermal conductivity. typically 0.09W/mK.
7. INERTNESS: cenospheres/HG-spheres can be utilized in solvents, organic chemicals water, acids or alkalis while maintaining their integrity.
8. THERMAL STABILITY: Because cenospheres are formed in the boilers, they are thermally stable in temperatures exceeding 1000C.
9. INSULTATION: Can be used in electronic filling and sealing materials, instrument boards, switches, etc.
10. COST EFFECTIVENESS: cenospheres are 50-200 less expensive than man-made hollow glass spheres, in comparison to less expensive fillers.
Main Usage of cenosphere
1. Paints and ink: ink, bond, vehicle putty, insulating, antiseptic, fireproof paints.
2. Plastics: the products of POM ,PA,PBT,PET,PP and so on. Like panels, boards, vehicle decorations, glass fiber products.
3. Rubber: floors,boards ,wires and lines ,insulating devices, sole, conveyer belt, vehicle parts and bodies, fender-guard, etc.
4. Construction materials: fire and water-proof materials, processed asphaltum, high-level road pavement, concrete repair materials.
5. Encapsulation material: transformer filling material ,electric encapsulation material, electric encapsulation materials.