SUKAGluAm is a glucoamylase (amyloglucosidase) enzyme for beer, wine production obtained from the controlled fermentation .
Glucoamylase enzyme SUKAGluAm
Starch, a high polymeric carbohydrate is a mixture of two polysaccharide, amylose and amylopectin. Starchy substrates like corn starch need to be acted upon by high temperature stable alpha-amylases to produce shorter length dextrins while glucoamylases are used mainly in the production of glucose syrup, high fructose syrups and starch hydrolysis for alcohol production.
SUKAGluAm is a glucoamylase (amyloglucosidase) enzyme obtained from the controlled fermentation of the fungal organism, Aspergillus niger. The enzyme is widely used in brewery, manufacture of starch, starch sugar, alcohol, gourmet powder, antibiotics, etc.
The dextrins produced by alpha-amylases are acted upon by exo-splitting glucoamylases (amyloglucosidases) which readily attack the terminal a-1,4 and a-1,6 glucosidic linkages from the non-reducing end of the released dextrins to produce 6-carbon b-D-glucose units. The enzyme also possess the ability to hydrolyze a-1,6-glucosidic linkages in isomaltose and dextrins.
1. SUKAGluAm provides maximal benefit at pH 4.0 4.5 and at the temperature of 58 60 (136 140).
2. The product has a pH range of 3.0-5.5 and a temperature range of 40 60 (104 140).
Enzyme activity ≥ 100,000 U/Ml
Bulk density ≤ 1.25g/ml
Unit definition: The amount of enzyme needed to hydrolyze 1 mg of starch in one hour at pH 4.6 at the reaction temperature of 40.
Standard: carry out the national code of Peoples Republic of China QB1805.2-93
1. SUKAGluAm is used in the manufacture of gourmet powder, antibiotics, citric acid among others. The enzyme is added at the rate of 100-300 U/g at pH 6.0-6.5 and temperature of 60°C.
2. In the manufacture of alcohol(based on starch material): cook the waste liquor of alcohol, and cool down the temperature to 59±1. Add in Glucoamylase while stirring it well. Keep the temperature for 30 mins. After cooling down, start fermentation. Suggested dosage is at the rate of 120-150 U/g raw materials. (If raw material is not with high quality or rotten, the dosage of enzyme can be increased to 150-180 U/g raw materials.)
3. In brewing of wine, add Glucoamylase with the required dosage to fermentation slurry when solid alcohol koji cools down to indicatory temperature range after cooking. And then add it evenly to alcohol koji( or used together with Da qu and yeast starter). Referenced dosage is 150-180 U/g raw materials.
Note: the dosage of Glucoamylase in wine production should be determined by the length of fermentation cycle.
4. In the manufacture of starch sugar, SUKAGluAm is added at the rate of 100-300 U/g at pH 4.2-4.5. The temperature of the mixture is maintained at 60°C.
5. In brewing of beer, add SUKAGluAm before saccharification or fermentation.
6. In the brewing of liquor and manufacture of vinegar, addition of the fermentative yeast with the enzyme can improve
SUKAGluAm liquid preparation is packaged in 25 kg/plastic drum or packaged in box or plastic woven bag for the solid form.
Alternative packaging is available upon request for smaller or larger volumes.
Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight. SUKAGluAm maintains its activity for considerably longer time when stored at lower temperatures (below 25). The product should not be frozen.
SUKAGluAm is non-toxic and biodegradable. However, unnecessary contact with the product should be avoided. Long term exposure to protein based products such as SUKAGluAm may sensitize certain individuals to the product. Wash hands with warm soapy water after handling. Keep out of reach of children.
Sukahan (Weifang) Bio-technology Co., Ltd. is always ready to provide you a help for using our products properly.