1. production capacity 1 million tons per year
2. listed company in Hongkong
1) Appearance: white crystal
a) Water: high
b) Alcohol: low
c) Ether, chloroform and other organic solvents: insoluble
3) Taste: sweet
4) Shows neutral reaction to litmus
5) Specific rotation: 52.0 - 53.5o
6) Acidity: 1.2ml (max.)
7) Chloride: 200ppm (max.)
8) Sulfate: 200ppm (max.)
9) Loss on drying: 9.0% (max.)
10) Heavy metal: 20ppm (max.)
11) Iron: 20ppm (max.)
12) Arsenic: 2ppm (max.)
13) Color dot: 100/50g
As a basic element of the human body and raw pharmaceutical material,
glucose is widely used in many industries.
1) Food industry: becoming more and more important, glucose has replaced sucrose
in many foods.
2) Traditional candy industry: glucose has been changed from an additive
to a main material in candy making; enhancing taste and offering better nutrition.
3) Baking and beverages industry: glucose is used in the production of
cakes and cold drinks as a new and high level additive to enhance taste,
color and other properties.
4) Vegetable processing: with increasing demand for better vegetable
processing technology, glucose plays an important role. A nutrient for vegetables,
it is used in dehydration processes and for preservation.
5) Stock medicine: glucose can be added to water to make drinks for
animals, and also be used as a carrier for many stock medicines.