Biological fertilizer of nitrogen fixation supplement specialized for leguminous crops
Biological nitrogen fixation supplement for leguminous crops
SUKAAgri-F3008/L is a microbial-based product containing a concentrated blend of non-pathogenic beneficial microorganisms that is directly added to the seedling stage or added during the growth of leguminous plants. Application of the product into the soil enhances the availability of nutrients for the plant by their biological activity, help build up the indigenous micro-flora and improve the soil qualities in general.
Microbial population in SUKAAgri-F3008/L can compensate for poor root growth by taking up nutrients from the soil particularly phosphorus (P) in the form of phosphates (PO4-) and potassium (K) and transferring the nutrient to the plant. Symbiotic relationship between the plant and the fungi enhances plant growth as well as provide the fungi with nutrients for growth.Free-living and symbiotic organisms in the product can form a mutually beneficial relationship with the plant to utilize atmospheric nitrogen, produce plant growth promoting substances and protect the plant from pathogenic soil organisms.
Leguminous crops [alfalfa, clover, peas, beans (soybean, chickpea, mung bean, winged bean), lentils, lupins and peanuts]
Biological nitrogen fixation (BNF) is the enzymatic conversion of atmospheric N2 gas to ammonia which plants can use for growth. Plants need large amounts of nitrogen for growth and the atmosphere comprises about 80% of nitrogen, but plants are unable to reduce N2 to ammonia themselves. Biological nitrogen fixation becomes attractive because nitrogen fertilizer is too expensive and sometimes unavailable.
The product contains a bacteria that basically form root nodules in leguminous plants and fix atmospheric nitrogen in a symbiotic association. The bacteria gives nitrogen to the plant and the plant gives protection to the bacteria from oxygen damage by harbouring it inside the root nodule.
Free-living, nitrogen-fixing bacteria contained in the product are known to produce several plant growth promoting substances. In addition to nitrogen fixation by these bacteria, they are also known to protect plants against pathogenic microorganisms either by discouraging their growth or by destroying them.
Plants having symbiotic relationship with beneficial microorganisms show higher tolerance to high soil temperatures, various soil- and root-borne pathogens, and heavy metal toxicity. There are specific fungi for vegetables, fodder crops, flowers, trees, etc.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
1. cost effective
2. can act as a supplement to chemical fertilizers
3. eco-friendly (Made from organic wastes, bio-degradable and does not contain chemicals harmful to nature)
4. fix atmospheric nitrogen in a symbiotic association with the host plant
5. produce several plant growth promoting substances (ex. auxins, gibberellins)
6. protect plants against pathogenic microorganisms either by discouraging their growth or by destroying them
7. reduces the costs towards the use of chemical fertilizers, especially regarding nitrogen and phosphorus
8. increase crop yield
9. replace chemical nitrogen and phosphorus
10. stimulate plant growth through increased root formation
11. activate the soil biologically by stimulating nitrogen fixation and symbiotic plant-microorganism interaction
12. restore natural soil fertility through the production of organic material
13. production of organic material improves soil structure, texture, and aeration and increases the soil's water-holding capacity
14. provide protection against drought and some soil borne diseases through natural anti-microbial and anti-plant pathogen activity of beneficial microorganisms
15. nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus will be produced naturally by the microorganisms, so few soil amendments will need to be added
16. can be used as fertiliser on farmland or in the garden
1. SUKAAgri-F3008/L contains a concentrated blend of non-pathogenic beneficial microorganisms that can form a symbiotic relationship with the plant.
2. This symbiotic relationship between the plant and the fungi enhances plant growth as well as provide the fungi with nutrients for growth.
3. Well established growth of microorganisms from the product can compensate for poor root growth by taking up nutrients from the soil particularly phosphorus (P) in the form of phosphates (PO4-) and potassium (K) and transferring the nutrient to the plant. The plant in turn provides the fungi with sugars and other growth factors.
4. Free-living organisms in the product can form a mutually beneficial relationship with the plant to fix nitrogen, produce plant growth promoting substances and protect the plant from pathogenic soil organisms.
Microbial Count: 3 X 100,000,000 CFU/gram
Powder: Dark brown, free flowing powder
Tablet: Dark colored tablet
Odor: Slight fermentation odor
pH: 6.5 - 8.0
The product may be applied to the seedling and young trees directly in tablet or powder form.
1. Spread powder product evenly around the root level of seedling or young trees during transplantation.
2. During transplantation of seedlings to new plant bags, place 5 tablets or 5 grams near the bottom of the seedling bag.
a) For seedlings grown in pots or containers, the containers are half filled with soil or potting medium.
b) SUKAAgri-F3008/L (5 grams) are placed in the center.
c) The container is filled again with the soil or potting medium.
d) The seedlings can now be transplanted.
1. SUKAAgri-F3008/L is packaged in 1 L/plastic container, 25 L/plastic drum, 1000 L/plastic drum for the liquid form while the solid preparation is packed as 1 kg/plastic package or 20 kg per box or film lined woven bag.
2. Alternative packaging is available upon request for smaller or larger volumes.